David's Reviews > Three Quarters Dead

Three Quarters Dead by Richard Peck

Feb 04, 11

liked it
Read from February 02 to 04, 2011

While it was an engaging story, I found myself questioning the book as it shifted from realistic to fantasy. However, when I thought about the book later, it made sense.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Quarters Dead.

Margaret David, I heard Peck talk about the idea for this book in November - chilling. I know my husband thoroughly enjoyed the tale, but it sounds a little too scary for my taste. ** On a really cool note, Peck read Mike's forthcoming book, ASHFALL, and offered a blurb. Mike was a nervous wreck at having an author of Peck's caliber reading his manuscript! :) ** Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on 3/4 Dead.

David I heard Richard Peck talk about the book at Kids Ink in November, too. Actually, I was already planning to read the book after reading something Peck wrote about "The chocolate war" and "Three-quarters dead". And Richard Peck is one of my favorite authors. I read Part 1 of "Three-quarters dead" last night, and I am already hooked on the book.

Margaret Well...maybe I'll add it to my 'to read' pile. I made it half-way through Turner's The Thief today, in addition to various other work-related activities. It was so nice to sit for a lengthy breakfast & lunch with a good book on a weekday!

David I'm now 2/3 of the way through the book. I wouldn't call it scary, but it is really playing with my mind. Hopefully, by the end it will all make sense.

David Margaret, the book does become more scary as it progresses. But it wasn't really disturbing or anything like that.

Margaret Thanks David, I'll give it a try. :)