Rebecca's Reviews > Anything But Typical

Anything But Typical by Nora Raleigh Baskin

Feb 02, 11

Read in February, 2011

Anything but Typical is a book about a boy named Jason who has autism. I know a little bit about autism and I think that Nora Raleigh Baskin did an amazing job at providing the voice of a main character with autism. It was interesting to see the world from Jason’s viewpoint and I thought it was really interesting and highly believable.
One thing I didn’t think was so very well done was the transition between past events and present events. Whenever Jason would go into a flashback story I’d get a little confused because the transition wasn’t very smooth.
I felt bad for Jason and I could understand why people treated him the way they did but I thought it was sad that he couldn’t understand why. But that is autism.
I don’t have very much to say about Anything but Typical. I enjoyed reading it and I really enjoyed the ending. It wrapped things up rather nicely. I think that if you’re looking for a book about someone with autism this book would be a good one. I would also recommend this one for fans of Mark Haddon’s The Curious Incident of the dog in the Night-time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anything But Typical.