Wendy Darling's Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Jensen (Literally Jen) OUCH. 1 star? I really liked Hush, Hush so I'm reading the whole series. Hopefully i still like it by the end. :-)

Wendy Darling Hah, sorry. I wasn't a fan of this series, but I know many of my friends are. :)

Jennifer Jensen (Literally Jen) There have been moments when I've read series where I've changed my mind about it during a later book. :-/

I have cover lust for these, too...lol!

Wendy Darling They are pretty striking. This one especially, it's a little more subtle than the other two. Don't you think Tempest's artwork looks very similar to the style of the first one?

Jennifer Jensen (Literally Jen) I didn't make that connection when I got my copy of Tempest, actually...but now that you mention it...slightly. :-) Two people instead of one...and falling in different positions. So same idea, just different execution. I like the colors better on the Fitzpatrick books. :-) That's why those I have been getting in hardcover. We'll see how Crescendo goes, and if I'm still digging it, then I'll get the next book.

Did you like Twilight?

Wendy Darling I tried to read it before all the hype, but didn't get very far. I keep meaning to pick it up again one of these days, I feel like I must know one way or the other! Did you like it?

Jennifer Jensen (Literally Jen) Negative!!! I gave the first couple 2 stars, and they just went down from there. I laughed the entire way through Breaking Dawn. Slightly wish I'd never read them, but my dad read Twilight first, and then I read it at his recommendation. I guess I liked it enough to continue.

Plus, my best friend was a reporter in Washington and often went to Forks to cover all sorts of events, so I guess I read them for her too. (Note: she doesn't like them, either.)

Wendy Darling Ah hah. :) I'm in no hurry to try reading them again, but I will say I enjoy watching the movies. Seeing them in a theater full of weeping grown women is a spectacular experience!

Jennifer Jensen (Literally Jen) WEEPING? Ooohhh, my. There is nothing to weep about in those movies...unless it's about the bad acting, bad writing, bad makeup...should I continue on?

KJ Shadows omg check out my review!! I just got finished reading it my eeeyyeeesss! I hope you do a review for this one =) I'm curious on other peoples opinions.

Wendy Darling Hah, I enjoy seeing the women cry and cry over how emotional the whole experience is. It's extremely entertaining. :D

No review from me on this one, KJ.

message 12: by Louise (last edited Oct 22, 2011 02:32AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Louise never walk into a twilight movie if you have hair like Victoria. the amount of evil eyes you recieve from grown women and mad teens was above all irritating. but it was pretty funny though, the amount of crying women in the one theatre. I agree very entertaining.

KJ Shadows No review from me on this one, KJ."

AWwhh...pity. Cresendo made me want to pluck my eyes out. Seriously it was that much drama. It was worse then breaking dawn. I really hope Hush Hush doesn't go to movie. Dear god no.

Wendy Darling That's hilarious, Louise. Although man, that's a small price to pay for a glorious mane of red hair.

I think a Hush, Hush movie is probably inevitable at some point, KJ...

message 15: by Emily (new) - added it

Emily Nora was so very annoying in this book. I wanted to slap her. Repeatedly. And I've never liked Vee. Ever. That's it, I give up. Becca Fitzpatrick, you win.

Louise Wendy Darling wrote: "That's hilarious, Louise. Although man, that's a small price to pay for a glorious mane of red hair.

I think a Hush, Hush movie is probably inevitable at some point, KJ..."

If you have red hair in high school- damn, the tag lines are original "curses summer heights high".

message 17: by Erin (new) - rated it 1 star

Erin "Adolescent fantasies of grown women"? Harsh.

I love it.