Marsha's Reviews > The Chaos

1991207
Feb 15, 11

Recommended for: Older Young Adults
Read on February 15, 2011, read count: Once

When I was a little girl my family would go to Disneyland and one of my favorite rides was "Mr. Toad's Wild and Wonderful Ride." That is exactly how I felt reading book two of Numbers. The plot was deep, dark, eerie, and exciting. In this book, Adam grows up with his Nan after his mother dies when he is eight. Just like his mother he has the ability to see the dates that people will die just by looking into their faces. What would you do if you had this ability? Would you tell people their fate or would you try to keep it from them? Well, this is a question that Adam must answer because the fate of thousands of people in Londan may rest upon what he decides. Additionally, a 16 year old pregnant girl, Sarah dreams of Adam but not in a good way. In her dreams, Adam is the devil who causes the death of her daughter. When they met in person, she does everything she can to run away from him. However, what if she is wrong and he is to be her savior? I have another question, if you do decide to have a hand in saving the lives of others would that assistance cost someone else? An interesting quandry isn't it? This book made me think and question what I thought I knew about myself. I just loved it! I just hope there will be other books in the series to follow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chaos.