* Kazzy * -aka Stryker-'s Reviews > Vampires Are Forever

Vampires Are Forever by Lynsay Sands

Apr 17, 11

bookshelves: my-favourite-must-reads
Read from April 15 to 17, 2011

SOME MINOR SPOILERS in relation to storyline/plot!

Well, this book certainly was an improvement on the last one! I actually think this is the one I've liked the most in the series to date, because for me I found the storyline the most believable of them all so far and thought it was the most gripping one of the lot, (hence the 5 stars)! This mysterious immortal going around wiping Ines's mind and not knowing who he is or how he was involved with Margerites disappearance, it was quite suspenseful! The reaction from Ines when she finds out Thomas is a vamp was also written better than in previous episode 'reveals', and generally the writing throughout flowed well and was exciting, attention-grabbing and still maintained some funny quips. I absolutely loved the comment Thomas made to his cousin after biting Ines, when he says 'what should I say, oh sorry I bit you my fangs slipped'!, made me laugh so much!

I had hoped Thomas got his own story, as I've loved him from the beginning, always funny, a bit of a joker, helpful and the most considerate guy ever. Running baths, getting breakfast, walking at his ladies speed, to name a few of his efforts, (don't we all want a man who does such lovely things as Thomas, huh girls?)! He is just such a sweetheart, I melted to the character so much and got lost in the romance and intrigue of the whole thing! I really loved that so many of the partnerships from previous novels visited towards the end of this one as well, so we got to catch up with them again, and there were some really quite emotional aspects when Bastien and Etienne decide to ask Ines to act as 'bait' in their plan and then it goes wrong and they feel guilty. You can just imagine being in such a quandary and all the mixed feelings that would be invoked, it was really quite touching in places.

My only criticism would be that the ending seemed a bit rushed, and not really finished off but maybe those unanswered issues will be addressed in the next book? Still an awesome read, definitely go get this on your wish list!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampires Are Forever.

Quotes * Kazzy * -aka Stryker- Liked

Lynsay Sands
“Have you tried to talk to her?"
"What would you like me to say Bastian? OH, I'M SORRY, INEZ. I DIDN'T MEAN TO BITE YOU, MY FANGS SLIPPED.”
Lynsay Sands, Vampires Are Forever