Heather's Reviews > Read and Get Rich: How the Hidden Power of Reading Can Make You Richer in All Areas of Your Life

Read and Get Rich by Burke Hedges

Feb 09, 11

bookshelves: inspirational, nonfiction, self-help
Read on February 01, 2011

This book focuses on the power of reading and how the impact of reading just that one right book can dramatically affect your future and life making you richer than you had ever been before. "Every reader has experienced special moments like these when we're instantly transformed by the written word. Those moments of insight wake us from our slumber of self-contentment and push us to grow, much like a plant bursting through the darkness of the soil and stretching toward the sunlight." I like the following quote too. "Personal growth books tell us who we can become before we become it. They give us hope. They stir our imagination. They inspire us to take action. They make us stretch ourselves. They plant the seeds that grow and blossom into our dreams. They challenge us to live up to our full potential. In short, they empower us to change...to get better...to get rich." A nice read for a librarian and for those who want to encourage others to read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Read and Get Rich.