Elizabeth's Reviews > The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals

The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan

Aug 30, 11

bookshelves: 2011, favorite-nonfiction, food
Read from March 21 to April 19, 2011

This is the book on food I've been looking for. It is fantastic. I highly recommend it.

It took me a long time to get through the first part on the Industrial meal. I have a new appreciation for corn as a species. I also don't know if I can buy meat at the store anymore. I've eaten "industrial meals" since I put down my book and texted my husband: "this is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard of and we were going to have to start buying grass fed beef." But I have not bought any more meat at the grocery store. coincidently we needed to defrost our deep freezer, so we've been eating up what we already have. I am working very hard to find "beyond organic" meat to fill it back up.

It took me several tries to finish this book. I got on the library waiting list, checked it out, didn't finish it and had to get back on the waiting list 3 times.

It was so worth it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Omnivore's Dilemma.

07/25/2011 "I can't seem to get this read in my checkout time from the library and there is always a waiting list so i have to get back in line. I've made it past the first meal and was thoroughly disgusted."