Nora St Laurent's Reviews > Stars Collide

Stars Collide by Janice  Thompson

Feb 01, 11

Read in January, 2011

Janice hits a home run with Stars Collide. I am so thankful to have received a review copy of a book that has it all, mystery, romance, fun and laughter.

Kate Jennings and Scott Murphy are the main characters of a T.V. sitcom. The shows ratings have slipped in the polls. The studio wants to spice up the script and have these stars finally commit to each other. It’s time. It’s been three seasons. The problem is that they want to spice up their personal life too and say they are the real deal on and off the set. Kate and Scott are uncomfortable about this. They’ve never gone out on a date and only interacted on stage. Now this! Everything is happening so fast.

Kate is smitten with Scott Murphy in real life but has never told him. Scott hasn’t mentioned his feeling for her either. She felt the chemistry but did he? Now the engagement scene is scheduled on the show, along with their first kiss on and off stage. She was thrilled to finally find an actor that felt working on family friendly projects in Hollywood was important. They both felt Hollywood needed more people willing to stand up for what they believed in.

The producer says to kate, “Love stories were about the chase, not the catch.”
What bothers me, there is so much more said Rex, “people think the only love story is the “falling in love’ part. The part that produces romantic feelings, they forget that the story is really just beginning at the first kiss. The true love story-in real life, anyway – is the part that comes after walking with each other through thick and thin. Staying with that person when he does something stupid and you feel like killing him, having his babies and dealing with dirty dishes and laundry. Walking someone you love through a health crisis. The ravages of Alzheimer’s, even.”

How true. I like how Janice puts this, love is more than a feeling. Things get crazy when Kate’s grandmother thinks the engagement scene she witnessed on the set is real. The lines between reality and fiction were blurring for Scott, Kate and her grandmother. Where does one stop and the other begin? Lenora couldn’t be more thrilled to be planning her granddaughters wedding. Kate doesn’t want to break her grandmother’s heart, but at the same time she didn’t know what to do. Her grandmother is calling the media and planning a wedding.

This story drew me in at the front cover and continued reeling me in from the first page. I enjoyed the fun, the mystery, the twists and turns of the story. Janice even surprised me at the end. Treat yourself as I did, to Janice’s’ book, the first in a new series. You’ll forget about your cares and be swept away into this humorous, enchanting story with witty and quirky characters you will adore. It’s fun, fun, fun! I highly recommend this and any of Janice’s other books.

Nora St.Laurent The Book Club Network www.bookfun.org
Finding Hope Through Fiction www.psalm516.blogspot.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stars Collide.