Jacinda's Reviews > Hourglass

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Aug 25, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from August 03 to 04, 2011

I had picked up and started a couple of books before I started Hourglass…none of them held my attention. From the first page or two of Hourglass, I already knew I wanted to keep reading and I kept reading and reading and reading…loved it!

Hourglass is a character driven novel to me. I adored and loved all of the characters in it. Of course I loved the paranormal/science fiction aspect of the story, but the characters became important to me and I cared about them. Emerson even though her parents have died still has her brother, his wife, and her best friend to lean on. She has formed loving relationships with all three of them.

I loved the writing style in Hourglass. Very beautiful and I loved the talk of architecture. The story itself is pretty faced pace…there wasn’t a slow moment I can think of. Twists! Myra threw in twists at the end of her book I wasn’t expecting…it made the story more exiting! I caught myself with my hand to my mouth and recalling other parts of the book.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hourglass.

08/03/2011 page 42

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Great review! I agree w you that this is a character driven novel for sure! Did it kinda remind you of x-men/super heroes?

Jacinda Amy wrote: "Great review! I agree w you that this is a character driven novel for sure! Did it kinda remind you of x-men/super heroes?"

When I think of xmen/superheroes, I think of Shatter Me...have you read it?

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy No, but its coming in the mail any day from Brooke. I'm surprised to hear that, but it makes me even more intruiged!