LenaLena's Reviews > Bran's Story

Bran's Story by Maculategiraffe

Feb 28, 11

bookshelves: mm, science-fiction
Read from February 26 to 27, 2011, read count: 1

I won't bore you with the details of what I would expect from a book called 'Slave Breakers' but I can tell you that this ain't it. Apparently slaves get broken by being nice to them. Rationally, I am sure this is better for all parties concerned, and I am happy for them, it just doesn't make for very titillating reading. Even when we get to the 'pain training' the author makes sure everybody knows that we're all still friends, really. We wouldn't want to hurt your feelings while we flog you. Seriously, I've read a far more gripping description of caning in a children's book (Boy: Tales of Childhood by Roald Dahl).

I think this book should be renamed. I suggest 'Everybody Loves Holden', or 'Holden's Harem'.

As for Bran, our delicate and needy teenage protagonist, he mainly stirs motherly concern in me. Not sexy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bran's Story.

02/26/2011

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

It has to be the stupidest title I've ever run into.

LenaLena Kate Mc. wrote: "It has to be the stupidest title I've ever run into."

Certainly one of the most misleading.

message 3: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel Don't listen to Kate, Marleen. She gave this 4 stars. While she's pestering me about my ratings and preferences.
I felt exactly the same way about this one...

Sarasaya ahah, Texas series is a sort of hardcore version of this one.

message 5: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel Which Texas series is that?

message 7: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel Thanks Sara. Added it. Although I hate reading from the screen. I'm glad somebody had already turned TA into epub for me, when I got it.
Then again: maybe it's a good pastime for slow hours at work, LOL.

LenaLena Is there any point in reading the next ones?

message 9: by Mel (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mel Hey, they're free! ;)

Sarasaya LOL, Lee's story is the best one. But still fluffy... more sex, though.

message 11: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel he mainly stirs motherly concern in me.

Interesting, thanks for adding that. I recently got halfway through Whatever the Cost and had to put it down, realizing that despite the graphic sexual content and growing affection between the MC's, all I wanted to do was call CPS and rescue the boys from their situation. Not the feelings I wanted stirred when I picked up the book. All sexiness was gone at that point.