Nicole's Reviews > Across the Universe

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Feb 05, 11

bookshelves: signed, own
Read from January 31 to February 04, 2011

This book was amazing!!! I have never read anything like this before!!!

At first I thought I would stay away from this book, from the Title I thought it was based off the movie, but I quickly learned when I picked this up for a book club on here, it was very much unlike the movie.

I was hooked from page one, for one thing, what was happening seemed so impossible and life on GodSpeed was so different than it is here on Earth. There was no diversity (which I would hate), Everybody acted like a zombie, they had no personality, they did what they were told, there wasn't conflict between the people. It was very different.

When Amy awakens from being frozen, she is so much different than everybody. Her skin, her hair, her eyes, all so differnt than what the people are used to on GodSpeed. It causes a problem.

I really liked this book, it was amazing, and different, I cannot wait for the next one(I think theres one).

01/31/2011 page 10
3.0% "Just Started!!!!"
02/04/2011 page 382
96.0% "almost done, I have never read anything like this before, it's amazing!!!!"