Saira Gonzalez's Reviews > Forged by Fire (Hazelwood High, #2)

Forged by Fire (Hazelwood High, #2) by Sharon M. Draper

Jan 31, 11

liked it
Read on January 31, 2011

For a lot of reasons, this book has changed my attitudes and thinking. Here's the summary: When Gerald's dear aunt dies, he moves in to live with his mother who has been in jail and is now released with his cruel stepfather, Jordan and with his new sweet sister, Angel. Angel and Gerald live in a world full of violence and displeasure. As if that's enough, their stepfather sexually abuses Angel who is much younger than Jordan is and who cannot do anything about it because of Jordan's abusive temper. Together, Gerald and Angel must find a way to get rid of their "father" and this time for good. From what I read, I presume that the theme of this book is "bravery" because Gerald stands up to protect his sister from Jordan even though Jordan is much more stronger than he is. This has changed my attitudes because what Jordan does to Angel and Gerald is occuring a lot in the world. The worst part is that those kids who are harrassed or abused cannot do anything about it because they are too scared from living a life full of cruel secrets or because they are afraid of the consequences they will recieve when their parents find out. I'm desperate to help those kids because its unjustified of what they have been experiencing through. We need to make that change in the world becuase its cruel to let those kids live in a life full of torture and misery.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forged by Fire (Hazelwood High, #2).

01/31/2011 page 155