Sumi's Reviews > The Apostate's Tale

The Apostate's Tale by Margaret Frazer

Feb 10, 08

bookshelves: mystery-medieval-england
Read in January, 2008

Luckily I can check the Dame Frevisse books out of the library and don't have to spend my own money on them because I'm getting bored with the series.

The previous book was very good, but only because Joliffe was in it so the level of intrigue was much higher. With Dame Frevisse back in monastery again the mystery was much more ordinary and there really wasn't much to keep my interest going.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Apostate's Tale.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Should I bother? It's on my wishlist, but I don't want to waste time on a mediocre book.

Sumi Don't bother with this one. The one before it (A Traitor's Tale, I believe) was much, much better (in other words, I did end up buying it). Some of the earlier ones, such as A Prioress' Tale weren't so bad and the ones when Joliffe pops up (aside from his first introduction) tend to be heavier in intrigue and therefore more interesting.

Check out the Joliffe series. You might like it. (Someday you and I need to discuss the specific elements we like in the books we've both read because that might help us with our suggestions to each other.)