Laura's Reviews > Shadowland

Shadowland by Alyson Noel

Sep 13, 11

Read in March, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This was slightly better than the horror that was Blue Moon, however it still didn't reach the heights of the first in the series. I did like the introduction of Jude who I thought was a really cool character and an interesting opponent for Damen in the quest for Ever's love. The author's description of him was just yum! Please god don't make him become a werewolf or something along those lines. Im sick of vampires and werewolves going hand-in-hand in every paranormal romance book. (Yes I realise Damen is not a vampire but you can see what I mean)

Ever is once again annoying in this book, just not to the extremes of the previous installment. Her lack of good decision-making, paranoia and self-involvement makes you want to throw a brick at her head, though much good it would do being that she's immortal and all. Also, and I promise this is the last bad thing I'll mention, Haven and Miles are also self-involved, annoying, bitchy little people aren't they? Does anyone see this other than me?

Now the good points were the aforementioned Jude, the re-introduction of the twins (love them), the interesting plot and the bad guy Roman. I may be strange in saying this but I can't help but kinda like this guy! He's fun, dangerous and sounds freaking gorgeous, what's not to like?! Maybe a darker side of Ever will emerge in later books and we might get to see some more of him (wink wink, nudge nudge)!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadowland.