Brittany's Reviews > Maximum Ride Five-Book Set

Maximum Ride Five-Book Set by James Patterson

Jan 31, 11

bookshelves: favorite-series

This is my favorite series it's going to take a lot to top this series for me. I never I'd like a series more than I like A Series of Unfortunate Events, but Patterson has proved my mind wrong with this great series. It's so creative I wish I came up with it or something close to it. I love how he made a girl the leader. We need more female leaders in these books. This is why I turn to books tv always makes the guys a leader. Also Max isn't one of these hormonal raging girls desperate for a boyfriend and willing to give herself up like most of these girls in books are now. Max is a great leader she tries to protect her flock and provide for them the best she can. If she ever does have kids I know she'll be a great mom. I feel sorry that she basically had to be the one to grow up fast along with Fang and Iggy. Since they're all around the same age they mostly have to be the grown-ups. Max is a great role model for young women and girls everywhere. She's strong, smart, confident, and she can kick butt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Maximum Ride Five-Book Set.

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Raine Oh my Goddess! You are probrably the first person who gave a good review on this! I honestly couldn't agree with you more. Have you read Fang and Angel? Those were the to that really caught my attention. I read the whose series FREAKING BACKWARDS! I was ticked when I started reading the like last one. But still, I catch on fast. You will be so angry about Fang that you won't be able to believe. Don't get me wrong, it's still a great book, just ticked me off a little. Hope you enjoy Nevermore, the new one!
-Raine

Raine Sorry if that was random. :)

Brittany Haha I like randomness so it's all good. And yea I have read all the books and I even reread them a few times it's my favorite series. I'm not that bitter towards Fang he only left because he feels like it was the best thing for the whole flock which I understand, but I am a little angry that he left. I hope you enjoy Nevermore as well I can't wait for that one, but I think Max is going to die in that one hence the name of the title. Maybe not just her maybe a few others as well, but I'm pretty sure she's going to because saving the world is her destiny and I think she's gonna have to sacrifice herself in order to save it. Btw Fang was my favorite out of the whole series I mean the ending was sad, but it was still my favorite :)

Raine You know, I never thought about Max dying.. To me, it's just kinda hard to imagine. But now that you mention it.... The title sorta hints. And I like Fang too. Even Dylan doesn't tick me off to much. Maya is my only problem, what with the whole Ari and Jeb situation. Kinda annoyed that Fang left when the Flock's in their, like, worst state, what with Angel going brainwashed (sort of) and Dr. Gunter-Hagan or whatever his name is. But I still like all the characters! :) I can't pick a fovorite book out of this series. They're all too wonderfull! Though I say that about most books... But anyway if I DID have to pick one, I'd have to say either "Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports" or "Schools Out- Forever." Have a nice rest of the day Britt! I am really hyper!

Brittany Fang's my favorite character I love him he's so sarcastically funny. I don't mind Maya actually she can't help the fact that she looks like Max and she is trying to be her own person. But I can't stand Dylan because he's programmed to be Max's soulmate and says stuff like even if he wasn't he still would, but he can't honestly say that 'cause he's brainwashed. You have a nice day too

Raine Brittany wrote: "Fang's my favorite character I love him he's so sarcastically funny. I don't mind Maya actually she can't help the fact that she looks like Max and she is trying to be her own person. But I can't s..."
Yeah Maya can't help it but still. She worked with Jeb, who, I might add, kinda went physico for a while. But actually, I think Ari is kinda my favorite. I mean, he didn't WANT to be an Eraser. His dad made him like that. I can stand Dylan because some of the guys in my class act like him, like my friend Ashley's boyfriend Austin. The nuts. :) Haha Did you know that the Maximum Ride movie comes out in 2013? I really hope that doesn't happen. It'll ruin my vision of the Flock and the others... Really hope not. Talk To Yo Later! :D

message 2: by Brittany (last edited Apr 30, 2012 08:04PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brittany I heard about the whole movie thing, but it could just be a rumor. I actually do want there to be a movie 'cause I really like comparing the two and seeing which one I like most. That is true that she worked with Jeb, but I'm certain she was designed just like Dylan was supposed to be designed as well. I like Ari too because in the end he became good and helped as much as he could. Yea he really didn't want to be an Eraser he just wanted to make Jeb proud. I felt bad for Ari because he was always second best to Max in Jeb's eyes. I just don't like the whole idea of Max and Dylan actually. Max knows Dylan was designed for her what he feels isn't actually real it's in his programming and I wish she would realize it. I really want her and Fang to have a one last moment thing in the book they are adorable together!!

Raine Brittany wrote: "I heard about the whole movie thing, but it could just be a rumor. I actually do want there to be a movie 'cause I really like comparing the two and seeing which one I like most. That is true that ..."

I can't STAND a movie that's been based off a book! I always get mad or laugh all the way through, which means that I have to keep REwatching it and I just- I just give up after awhile. Yeah she was designed to be like Max. Like Dylan. I love Ari! He sounded so happy when he bought that game at the store! I don't like the idea of Max and Dylan either. It's kinda weird to have a 'soulmate' made for you.... Especially if Dr. Whats-His-Face created him. I hope Fang and Max have another moment too. And I hope they find Angel and the others, I just want to see what happened to them. Especially Dr. Martinez(?)..