Lola4's Reviews > Guns Will Keep Us Together

Guns Will Keep Us Together by Leslie Langtry

Jan 31, 11

Read in January, 2011

I really didn't like this book but grudgingly gave it an extra star because the humorous writing style showed the author has much talent when it comes to crafting a novel and telling a tale. However, a family who is quick to kill off children and grandchildren,even the tiny ones, who don't measure up and start to train 6-year-olds to kill people was just too sick for my taste and ceased to be funny, however witty the dialogue. At the point the grandmother ordered a DNA test on an out-of-wedlock six-year-old, who she planned to kill if he turned out not to be the hero's biological son, I pretty much ceased to find this book very funny or entertaining. Add to that the heroine's being the most colorless, boring dipstick in the history of romance (she decorated her funeral home in various shades of beige to suit her personality, or lack thereof) and you have a romantic comedy that is neither romantic nor funny. This sad tale was just a waste of a potentially talented writer's time and efforts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Guns Will Keep Us Together.