Mandy's Reviews > Once Dead, Twice Shy

Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison

Jan 31, 11

Read from January 19 to 24, 2011

** spoiler alert ** This book gave a different view of the heaven and angels. This story involved a girl named Madison, who claimed the dark timekeeper’s amulet when he tried to kill her in an accident. Madison came back alive when she claimed the amulet. When the light timekeeper found Madison, he ordered his angel to protect her from the dark reapers. When light timekeeper and his angel were gone, he left a guardian angel with Madison. The fact that Madison can claim a timekeeper’s amulet without the soul being splattered into pieces, that Madison claimed the guardian angel just by naming her, and that she couldn’t connect with the light angel proved her to be the next timekeeper of the world.
I like how the book gave a different look at the heaven with the angel, and the things they do. I like how the angels fitted in with the rest of the world, even if they were there when the earth was formed. I like how the angels were all have stunning looks, even the dark ones. I wonder if Madison became the dark timekeeper, would she become dark also. I wonder if there’s a continuous book?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once Dead, Twice Shy.