Michael's Reviews > Decision Points

Decision Points by George W. Bush

Jan 31, 2011

bookshelves: autobiography, history, politics
Read from January 31 to February 12, 2011

I honestly can't tell you how much I enjoyed this book. I did like George W as a president and I think he got a bad rap while he was in office and I think he still gets a bad rap today. In my opinion, I don't think it really matters to which side of the aisle you lean regarding politics, this is an interesting read.

I have heard many times that W is really quite an intelligent man and when he isn't on the spot can carry on a very intellectual conversation. Based on this book that is very well-written, I felt like I got a chance to understand Bush just a little better and see how insightful he could be. I was really surprised to see how religious he is too and that many of his actions involved prayer, just like our Founding Fathers.

I can't say that I agree with everything that happened while Bush was in office, but then again, I can't even imagine the pressures he felt and the decisions he had to make on short notice during his presidency. Far too many tragedies occurred that one man should not have to deal with. Makes me believe that the new regime surely didn't know all the facts that thought they did when taking over.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Decision Points.