VampireNovelFan's Reviews > A Gathering of Gargoyles

A Gathering of Gargoyles by Meredith Ann Pierce

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: young-adult, urban-fantasy, vampires
Read in January, 2000

Book 2 of this trilogy follows book 1. You definitely need to read these books in succession so as to understand the full story.

Aeriel cured Irrylath and restored his humanity, but the White Witch has other ideas. This leads Aeriel to strike out on a mission through the Sea of Dust to find an oracle that can help her do away with the White Witch and the rest of the Darkangels for good.

This book has an entirely different feel from one. If you want a lot of Irrylath, you won't get it here. He and April spend a large amount of time separated from one another. This one focuses on her adventure where you can't help but suspect she will have a certain destiny to fullfil.

The writing style, while created for young adult, would translate well for general adult readers as well. The story truly made an impression on me and to this day, I think back to amazing scenes. I love the complexity of the protagonists and I think other readers would, too.

*Review also posted to Amazon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Gathering of Gargoyles.