Anna's Reviews > He's Just Not That Into You: The No-Excuses Truth to Understanding Guys

He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt

Feb 03, 08

bookshelves: self-help, nonfiction, chick-lit
Recommended to Anna by: my friend Juliette
Recommended for: females
Read in October, 2004

For better or worse, I LOVED this book and do consider it to be life altering for me (okay, to an extent...). I realize it's been trash talked times ten in the media since it first came out but I do think it's extremely underrated.

I read it as a first year grad student and remember all these light bulbs going off in my head as I eagerly scanned the pages for information. As I read the letters and stories in the book, so much of my life started making sense to me! I started to see what I was doing "right" and what I was doing "wrong" and after I finished the book and reflected on it a bit, I really did change my approach to dating. And you know what? It worked.

I think what I really like about the book, that it really doesn't get credit for, is that it promotes independence. The main message is that knowledge is power and even if things aren't the way you want them to be, at least if you know then you can go on to something else. That was the main message that resonated with me and that's why I think it's a really empowering book for females.
13 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read He's Just Not That Into You.

Emma I believe this is a book all girls/teenagers and women must read. I loved this book!