Marcia Berg Haskell's Reviews > Wild Man Creek

Wild Man Creek by Robyn Carr

Jan 31, 11

bookshelves: love-the-series, romance, want-to-keep
Read from January 30 to 31, 2011

"Colin Riordan came to Virgin River to recuperate from a horrific helicopter crash, the scars of which he bears inside and out. His family is wonderfully supportive, but it's his art that truly soothes his troubled soul.

Stung personally and professionally by an ill-advised affair, PR guru Jillian Matlock has rented an old Victorian with a promising garden in Virgin River. She's looking forward to cultivating something other than a corporate brand.

Both are looking to simplify, not complicate, their lives, but when Jillian finds Colin at his easel in her yard, there's an instant connection. And in Virgin River, sometimes love is the simplest choice of all…."

I give this book 4.5 * (if I could give half stars)

I love Robyn Carr's writing. She has this wonderful ability to embed her characters with familiar, yet unique feelings, emotions, strengths and weaknesses. This book is a continuation of the earlier Virgin River Series. The familiar characters, Jack, Preacher, Mel are still central characters in this story, and there are other familiar people; the Pastor, Lydie Sudder and her grandson Rick, Colin's brothers Luke, Aiden, and Sean are all minor players in this story. Just as Jillian, her sister Kelly, and Carlin were in the previous volume.

I, particularly, identify with Jilly and her struggle to adapt to a new lifestyle, betrayal, finding ways to merge the old with the new living style. I love her blossoming relationship with Colin and little brother relationship with Denny and her growing interest in specialty marketing of unusual vegetables.

If you enjoyed the previous Virgin River series you will love this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Man Creek.