Sandra's Reviews > Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades

Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades by Rick Riordan

Apr 15, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, in-english, books-i-own, read-in-2011, side-stories
Read from April 12 to 15, 2011

This was actually 2 books in one - the Percy Jackson book, and a book called the Groovy Greeks (which is not by Rick Riordan, but by the makers from the Horrible Histories books). The Groovy Greeks is a funny introduction to Greek history, with loads of random and funny trivia and many comics. It was quite funny and very.. groovy.

The Percy Jackson book was a quick read, only 72 pages, but it had both Percy, Thalia and Nico (who are three of my favourite characters) and so I enjoyed this immensely. Despite being short, it loses none of its usual charm and it makes for a fast but fabulous read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades.

04/12/2011 page 123
63.0% "Read the Groovy Geeks first, leaving Percy Jackson for tomorrow: nice short stories for a shitty day."
04/15/2011 page 196
100.0% "Unexpectedly only got to finish this today, due to various reasons."

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-4 of 4) </span> <span class="smallText">(4 new)</span>

Sally Totally sending this to you once I have read it, it's very small :)

Sandra Aww really?! That's so sweet! :D <3 Let me know how you liked it!

message 3: by Mizumi (new)

Mizumi Ooh, the Groovy Greeks! LOL, I love that one. (It's in the 'waanzinnig om te weten' series in Dutch, die Gave Grieken I think. I swear those books have helped me all during high school and even in university.) And yes I felt the need to tell you that, sorry. XD

Sandra LOL! I thought it seemed familiar.. I have actually read the Dutch version of this I think, now that you mention it. I love that series though. It saved me during technology class. (I gave a presentation on computers, I put in all sorts of funny details from the book and he loved it so much we got a super-duper awesome grade. xD)