Alex's Reviews > Velvet Dragon

Apr 17, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: bdsm, queer, romance
Read in April, 2011

Another Sean Michael book in classic form. We return to the Velvet Glove where we meet Serius and Dragonne. Serius is new to the Glove and looking for a sub, preferably a challenge and Mal offers up Dragonne who gives the facade of submitting beautifully but never actually submits. Unlike most of Michael's other Velvet Glove stories, this one doesn't focus on the more hardcore elements (whipping, etc), although there is at least one scene with them. The focus of this story is getting Dragonne to actually submit when he's been trained his entire life to not give up those things that Serius is demanding. I enjoyed the different perspective that this story offered although it isn't what I'd call one of the "hot" stories.

My one issue was that Serius was described as kind of stone faced and emotionally cold and while there was a little bit of progress that we saw, there also seemed to be a large jump from stone cold to caring. I would have liked to see a little bit more of the change happening. But overall a pleasant little story.

Be sure to check out my other reviews on my blog.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Velvet Dragon.