Danielle's Reviews > Perfect Square

Perfect Square by Michael  Hall

Apr 10, 11

bookshelves: childrens, for-review, turkeybird, littlebug
Read in March, 2011

A square of construction paper and an endless stream of possibilities. From mountains to gardens, there's an unending supply of projects to be tried just by reading about the imagination of a simple square. And oh, the places you'll be transported all within the four sides of a square!

Not having read Michael Hall's previous book My Heart is Like a Zoo, I honestly had no idea what to expect when I picked this book up at ALA Midwinter a couple of months ago. I knew that everyone who had read his first book had absolutely raved about it, so I had high hopes. I certainly wasn't disappointed. This simple book that's based on the basic shape of a square leads to an imaginative series of things and places that will have kiddos not only excited for the next page of the book, but the next opportunity to try it out themselves. Perfect Square is a beautiful way to transport what you see on the page into minds of children and then into the projects they make with their own hands. Definitely a book for every home that children enter into!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Square.