John's Reviews > Orthodoxy

Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton

M 50x66
Mar 11, 2007

imagine walking into a dangerous and violent bar with the biggest, baddest ufc champion ever to grace the octagon. or walking into a house party with the hottest date ever. or entering a church basketball tournament with an nba caliber ringer on your team. i'm guessing that's what it would have felt like to walk with gk chesterton into a room full of skeptics and post-modern christian haters.

okay, that whole paragraph did not work. but this book deserves credit for being mostly a pre-modern work that predicts most of the 20th century.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Orthodoxy.

07/21/2016 marked as: read

José John: You are absolutely right. I felt the same. I wish I have had 1% of Chesterton's sense of humour, paradoxes and metaphors every time a friend asked me to give reasons of my faith.

message 2: by Ali (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ali M. Haha, awesome review. I'm tempted to quote it to people. :)

Christopher Griswold G. K. Chesterton Conference
When: Saturday, March 7, 2015
Where: Chesterton Square in Ponchatoula, LA (across from the train station!)
Time: 8am-4pm - lunch included!
Who: Joseph Pearce, Dale Alquist (EWTN's Apostle of Common Sense series), Kevin O'Brien, Chuck Chalberg (portrays Chesterton) and Brian Daigle
Who is G.K. Chesterton? He's one of the most prolific English writers of the 20th century. A journalist by trade, he wrote novels, biographies, poetry, plays, detective fiction, and essays on every topic imaginable. He is referred to as the 'Apostle of Common Sense' and his cause for sainthood has recently been opened. Don't miss your chance to meet or rekindle your friendship with this gentle giant who is the most influential 20th century convert to the Catholic Church!
Pre-register at www.ChestertonBR.com now and save!
Call Karen Hornsby at 225.312.5824 for details or questions you may have! See you on March 7th!