Kimberly's Reviews > Archangel's Consort

Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh

Nov 07, 13

bookshelves: angels, aus-nz-authors, paranormal-romance, vampires, women-kicking-ass, urban-fantasy
Read from November 03 to 04, 2013 — I own a copy, read count: 4

Archangel's Consort is the third in Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series, set around the Archangel Raphael and his human-turned-angel consort, Elena Devereux.

The second book of the series revolved quite a lot around Elena's weaknesses as she was coming to grips with her new status (both as an angel and as consort to an Archangel), but this book takes us back to the Elena we all love to see - kicking ass, and not even bothering to take names.

She's re-establishing herself as a Guild Hunter and trying to find the balance between her old life and her new one. Unfortunately, her old life also includes her father - and no matter how much she'd like to cut Jeffrey out of her life for good, she just can't seem to let him go.

This book also finds Raphael learning new truths behind his abilities, which have evolved ever since he fell in love with a mortal. He's the first Archangel to take a mortal consort, and the repurcussions will no doubt be lasting.

Throw in appearances from Raphael's Seven, and you've got yourself one heck of an anjoyable read. The only thing I'm left asking is:

"Please, Ms. Singh - can I have some more?"

RE-READ
Originally Ready 28/29 January 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Archangel's Consort.

11/07/2013 marked as: currently-reading