VampireNovelFan's Reviews > Daughters of Darkness

Daughters of Darkness by L.J. Smith

Jan 08, 2012

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, young-adult

Book 2 of the Night World series, Daughters of Darkness, shifts focus to a new set of characters of the secret society. Relatives of James from the first book, we meet Rowan, Kestrel, and Jade. They are three vampire sisters who snuck away from home. Tired of the secret society, they want to try to live as humans out in Oregon. They move into a dilapidated old home, next to Mark and Mary-Lynette Carter. As Jade and Mark get closer, their brother Ash comes to town to bring his sisters back. Of course, he meets Mary-Lynette and things get interesting...

Ash, the handsome blondie who we remember from the first book as being a conniving, selfish, and manipulative, experiences a bit of growth in this book. In the first book you would have never thought it would happen, but I was glad to see the character development.

What I like about the Night World books is that while you could read each book separately as a stand-alone, it's great to see prior plot lines and character weaved into the current story. It makes you feel even more connected to the story and the world.

These books are short reads, but I find them pretty satisfying because the plot moves along and it focuses on what you really want to see.

*Review also posted to Amazon
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daughters of Darkness.