Diana~'s Reviews > A Lady's Lesson in Scandal

A Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran

Jul 23, 11

bookshelves: author-meredith-duran, historical-romance, 2011-reads, regency-romance
Read from July 15 to 19, 2011

I've always had a soft spot for Cinderella-esque types of stories and Meredith Duran's latest installment is just that! We have our heroine from the East End of London, Nell, and our hero who is a peer from the ton, Simon. You ask how they're supposed to be connected to each other? Well, Nell hapens to be the lost/missing daughter of Lord Rushden, Lady Cornelia. And Simon happens to be their heir to Rushden's title... What a small world huh! The story starts out pretty slow, but it soon picks up when Nell's "fake" mother dies and she decides to go for revenge against Rushden. Little did she know that her father had already passed away and the current Lord Rushden is actually Simon.

I absolutely love this book and the characters that are in it! Simon and Nell are perfect for one another and their chemistry was just wonderful. Nell was extremely wary of Simon in the beginning and believed that he was crazy! There was plot, romance, a pretty nasty villain, and last but not least, and very satisfying conclusion to it all! What more can you want? Simon and Nell's relationship was very real and there was no doubt that they both really love one another. I hated the villain but thankfully, he got the ending that he deserved. Overall, this book is definitely a keeper and if you're ever in the lookout for a mistaken identity, Cinderella type of book where a poor girl meets an earl kind of book.... than this is the one for you. 5/5 stars!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady's Lesson in Scandal.

07/15/2011 page 42
11.0% "Simon is seriously swoon-worthy!"
07/16/2011 page 96
26.0% "And now the fun begins!"
07/17/2011 page 183
50.0% "I really love the relationship between Simon and Nell so far. It's so amusing and hot!"
07/18/2011 page 250
68.0% "And so, now Nell and Simon are married! I wonder what'll happen next."
show 1 hidden update…