MISS VAIN's Reviews > Hard Bitten

Hard Bitten by Chloe Neill

May 09, 11

bookshelves: chloe-neill
Read from May 06 to 09, 2011

I would have rated this book a 5++++ had it not been for page 335..... Now in left feeling empty, depressed, and very Anti-Chicagoland/Chloe Neill at this moment. I just so not understand how she had to go there! But I will admit that the interactions with Ethan and merit were priceless and I have grown to adore him in this book emensely. This series was one of my favorites and at this stage of the game I'm not sure Mrs. Neill is offering me anything to persuade me to read Drink Deep :( I'm very frustrated. This book "broke my heart into a million pieces."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard Bitten.

Quotes MISS VAIN Liked

Chloe Neill
“You can run. You can keep running to the ends of the earth. But I won’t be far behind you.”

“Ethan—”

“No. I will never be far behind you.” He tipped up my chin so that I could do nothing else but look back into his eyes. “Do the things you need to do. Learn to be a vampire, to be a warrior, to be the soldier you are capable of being. But consider the possibility that I made a mistake I regret—and that I’ll continue to regret that mistake and try to convince you to give me another chance until the earth stops turning.”
Chloe Neill, Hard Bitten

Chloe Neill
“You are a Cadogan vampire, by blood and bone. You have fought for this House, and you are mine to protect. My Sentinel, my Novitiate. As long as I am here to do it, I will protect you. As long as this House exists, you will have a home here. -Ethan”
Chloe Neill, Hard Bitten

05/07/2011 page 37
11.0% "Ah Ethan.....*sigh* ;)"
05/08/2011 page 88
25.0% ""You can run. You can keep running to the ends of the earth. But I won't be far behind you."" 2 comments
05/09/2011 page 255
73.0% "So many gorgeous men, so little time....;)" 2 comments
05/09/2011 page 255
73.0% "Morgan is such s child!" 6 comments
05/09/2011 page 336
96.0% "Please tell me Merit is dreaming......:(" 16 comments
05/09/2011 page 346
99.0% "I am now Anti-Chicagoland Vampires....It was fun while it lasted. :("

Comments (showing 1-15)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Lexxie Your feelings about this book totally mirror mine! I loved the book up to that one moment, then, I just couldn't even like it anymore. It just wasn't necessarry at all for the storyline in this book, and I don't see at all how it can bring something postive to future storylines :(

MISS VAIN Well Linda I spoke with other friends on here about it and we've been thinking perhaps Catcher or Mallory are going to prepare some dark magic (view spoiler) Mrs. Neill says on her website to trust her in Deep Drink and although I can't say im looking forward to reading it, but maybe by November I will be less Anti-Chicagoland Vampires and more curious to see what she has planned for remedy this in my opinion "huge mistake" :((

Lexxie I have thought about that as well, but even if that happens, I don't think I will be happy with it. I don't like 'free' anguish like that. (view spoiler) I was just very disappointed, and don't know what to do with Drink Deep.

MISS VAIN I agree! At Least it's only six long months away :(

Christen *Goldilox And The Three Weres* This feels like a (don't read the spoiler if you haven't read all of the Fever series) (view spoiler).

MISS VAIN You know what that one had not crossed my mind. Hmmmmm. I sure hope so, but I will say that (Fever series and Hard Bitten spoiler) (view spoiler) that idea makes me feel slightly better.

Lexxie (view spoiler)

MISS VAIN Mariya wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

Yes I guess great minds (also desperate for a HEA) think alike ;)

MISS VAIN Linda wrote: "[spoilers removed]"

You're right Linda it wouldn't be very original but at this point I'm grasping at as many straws as possible to (view spoiler) :-)