Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)'s Reviews > Pleasures Untold

Pleasures Untold by Lisa Sanchez

Feb 21, 11

Read from January 30 to 31, 2011

Pleasures Untold is the sequel to Eve of Samhain, but this time around we follow Martha one pissed of witch. Martha is hellbent on avenging the murder of her mother and grandmother, making it her mission to kill every single vampire, demon and assorted paranormal that comes in her path. But then she meets a sexy as sin Latin vampires, who saves her from death by fang. This leaves Martha in a state of confusion, she has to re-evaluate everything she thinks about the paranormals she’s been hunting.

Xan is that sexy vampire, he is an anomaly, born not turned. He is also a warlock who walks in the daylight and spends his time watching over Martha. Xan has been trying to save Martha from Lucian, the vampire who killed her family and who has made it his undead mission to kill Martha. There is an undeniable attraction between Xan and Martha, but Martha will keep fighting it due to her issues with vampires….but there are pleasures untold.

I was a fan of Martha’s when I read about her in Eve of Samhain, even though she was the creepy goth roommate, so I was excited to see the real Martha in Pleasures Untold. Little has changed for Martha, she has a new roommate and has become friendlier then she was before. I wasn’t a fan of Martha’s tone of voice, she seemed a little forced to me, her snark just wasn’t natural. But she does use it to keep people at a distance, so while it was forced it made sense for Martha’s character.

Pleasures Untold started a bit slow for me, but the pace did pick up and it got better! I like the way Ms. Sanchez writes, but I did have issues with Martha. She is a kick ass fighter but has little self esteem when it comes to friends and men, which was a tad off-putting to me. How can you kick ass but be so afraid to lose friends over something trivial? What I can tell you is Pleasures Untold has more heat then Eve of Samhain, hot hot hot people. Lisa Sanchez writes some smexy goodness!

Pleasures Untold is a sexy addition to the series, I love me some Xan.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pleasures Untold.

01/30/2011 page 23