Jan's Reviews > Hungry For You

Hungry For You by A.M. Harte

1931718
Jun 20, 11

bookshelves: short-stories, indie, romance, 1889-labs, horror, z-2011, fantasy-romance
Read in June, 2011

Hungry For You is a collection of short stories that explore the meaning of love, death and relationships through the re-imagining of traditional zombie lore.

While this collection definitely falls more under horror than under romance (not a lot of happy endings in sight), it's a different kind of horror. Not that there isn't gore, blood and dark alleys of doom to be found, but to me the more horrifying moments were caused by the relevations of people their motivations and emotions, and sometimes very evil deeds.

I don't know, it's hard to explain, and horror isn't my usual genre. I guess I'll stick with that the stories are scary, but with an emotional punch.

My personal favorites were Hungry For You and Dead Man's Rose, the latter was truly claustrophobic and creepy. Recommended to zombie fans who like new variations on the theme, and to fans of short stories in general. You can try it out on Goodreads for free, so nothing's stopping you :)

For full disclosure I'm adding that I'm friends with the author, but I don't think that influenced me here. I also know the poet who wrote the introduction poem, and I've actually translated that to Dutch one day. And to fully disclose myself here, I once made a video reading of that poem as well...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hungry For You.