Nadine's Reviews > Shakespeare's Sonnets

Shakespeare's Sonnets by William Shakespeare

Jan 30, 2011

bookshelves: poetry-and-plays, 2011-challenge
Read in January, 2011

I enjoyed reading these for the most part. I mean, I wouldn't go out of my way to read them again, but I'm still giving it 4 stars because who am I to give Shakespeare less than 4 stars? A lot of them were on the theme of "I love you so much, so I am going to write this poem so that you will live on in eternity", which they did, but we don't actually know who he is writing about so he's kind of a liar. My favourites were 71, 91, 105, and 109. I made that list so I knew which ones to go back and look for should I have ever need a sonnet. In general I preferred the ones that were later on in the arrangement because I found they were a bit more serious. Apparently I like tragic poems. Also, there were some of them I couldn't make out at all, but I just gave up and moved on. All and all I am glad I read them, but probably won't be able to quote them anymore than I could before, so y'all are just going to have to believe that I read them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shakespeare's Sonnets.