April's Reviews > Blue Bloods

Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz

Jul 30, 14

bookshelves: series, parnormal, romance, vampires, ya, angels, favorites, melissa-de-la-cruz, books-i-own, forbidden-romance, mythology
Read from March 04 to 05, 2011

No matter how many times I read this series, it never disappoints me. It takes a very original and refreshing twist on vampires, mixing angels and vampires together. The vampires or Blue Bloods are essentially the fallen angels cast out of heaven. And then there’s the whole twist on the Lost Colony of Roanoke and Croatan. I’ve always been interested in it, and really do love the twist Cruz puts on it.

And of course with being YA it has to follow some predictable plot points; Sky and Oliver being outcasts and of course Sky being involved with the popular guy Jack Force. I did love how you can tell Sky and Jack are infatuated with each other, but don’t actually fall in love in this book. Sometimes I really hate how it seems like the next minute the person is in love. Even though I do love Sky and Jack, I think it’s kind of weird that he used to pursue Sky’s mom. I couldn’t stand Mimi. Wait scratch that. It’s more of a love to hate her kind of thing. Very spoiled and selfish. At first glance it would seem like Bliss would be exactly like her, but pull away from Mimi’s clutches and befriends Oliver and Sky.

Just when you think you figured everything out there’s another small twist. The book keeps you on your toes and very hard to put down. Instead of Sky being close to solving the mystery behind the Silver Bloods, the story is just only beginning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Bloods.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe I read this soo long ago. I don't even remember if I liked it haha. How are you liking it so far?

April I liked it. Very interesting take on vampires. I don't like how they twisted about Roanoke Colony and the Croatan. It's one of my favorite mysteries of History and the whole time in the book when they were trying to figure out what Crotan is/was I kept on yelling at the book that it's an Indian tribe.

April I just went and brought the next 3 books too.

April Schuyler and Jack