AlbertaJenn's Reviews > Chalice of Roses

Chalice of Roses by Jo Beverley

Mar 01, 11

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read from February 21 to 28, 2011 — I own a copy

This book is an anthology of four romance stories centered around the Holy Grail. They take place in four different time periods, and all revolve around having to find the grail or return it to safety. It was an interesting take on the legends.

In The Raven and the Rose, a 12th century woman about to take holy vows is pressed into a mission to locate a knight so that they can carry the chalice to safety and keep it from the wicked Prince Eustace.

The White Rose of Scotland takes place during World War Two, as a Canadian pilot and a Scottish sorceress hurry to ensure that the Grail stays out of Nazi hands.

The Regency-themed The English Rose: Miss Templar and the Holy Grail sees a young miss chosen to lead an injured Grail Knight to Scotland to find the church where the Grail will be safe from Napoleon.

The oddest of all the stories, Eternal Rose has a Fae slant to it, as a 15th Century man has been swept to the land of the Fae, and enters the dreams of an American woman visiting the small English town to pursuade her to enter the magical realm with the Grail to save him.

It was good, but not amazing. These same four authors also wrote Dragon Lovers (Includes  Guardians, Book 2.5) by Jo Beverley, and it was also good, but not astounding. I originally bought these because they include stories written by Jo Beverley. But I think I like her other books better.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chalice of Roses.

02/21/2011 page 26