VampireNovelFan's Reviews > Vampire Hunter D Volume 03: Demon Deathchase

Vampire Hunter D Volume 03 by Hideyuki Kikuchi

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: vampires, urban-fantasy

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust is a much looser adaptation of this book. There are numerous plot changes and character personality shifts.

D has been hired by a wealthy ailing man to find his daughter whose been kidnapped by vampire, MeierLink. We soon learn that the two are actually in love and want to escape together to a planet leaving the planet.

D isn't the only one on their tail. The father's also hired the mercenary Marcus brothers (with 3 brothers and a sister) for the same mission. It's a race to the finish for who will rescue her first.

Normally, I prefer the books to the movie, but for this series it was the opposite. The movie was visually stunning a the time with great action. I also much preferred the family dynamic of the Marcus brothers compared to the book as well. In the movie, they at least come off as somewhat likable. I didn't feel MeierLink and Charlotte's (though she is unnamed here) love shine through quite as much compared to the movie. Leila's not quite as badass as she was in the movie and feelings for D are more pronounced here. She does come off as more sympathetic though.

Overall these books are fairly short read. If you've seen Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, I would recommend reading the book. It's very interesting to see what the movie changed.

*Review posted to Amazon
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Hunter D Volume 03.