Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids's Reviews > Midnight Howl

Midnight Howl by Clare Hutton

Mar 19, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-release, books-i-own, 2011-100-book-challenge
Read in March, 2011

Midnight Howl is a great read for middle graders who love paranormal reads. Marisol is a fun character to get to know! She's down to earth, loyal, and true to herself. Not only do I love that she's from Austin, TX, but I was excited to go with her to Wolf Valley, Montana, as her mother moved them there for three months while their apartment is being renovated. Leaving behind her best friend was a little hard, but Marisol quickly discovers there's adventures to be had in out doors, a cute boy, horseback riding, and a mystery surrounding the small town, that has to do with werewolves.

I loved that Marisol not only developed a fascination for wolves, but she loves the beautiful night sky and becomes a member of the Astronomy club. One of my favorite scenes is when they go camping. It brought back fun memories of being out in the middle of the woods, surrounded by beautiful mountains, telling scary stories by a roaring campfire.

Midnight Howl is a fun book to read with it's fun characters, it's fantatic setting, and great paranormal twist. If I had been in middle grade when I read this, it would be one of my favorite reads. This is the first Poison Apples Book I've read, and I like that the series is written so fans don't need to read the books in order. I recommend this book to 5th graders and up.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight Howl.