Jamie's Reviews > The Goddess Test

The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

I received this as an ARC e-book from Harlequin Teen through NetGalley. This did not affect my review in any way.

I have been wanting to read this book for awhile now. When I read the summary I thought this is something different, something that I haven't read before. I thought it was going to be somewhat different than what it is. I was surprised in a good way though.

It starts off with Kate and her dying mother moving to Michigan from New York. Kate starts school and meets a couple people. One night she is heading to a party with her friend Ava. There is an accident and Ava almost dies. There Kate meets Henry who heals Ava on the condition that Kate spend six months in the manor with him. She thinks he is crazy but agrees to it. A couple days later when he comes to take her she thinks he is crazy and turns down the deal. The next day she finds out that Ava is dead because she didn't go with Henry. Her mother is getting worse so she decides that maybe Henry could heal her mother. She moves into the Eden Manor with Henry for six months. As part of the deal Kate has to take seven tests and pass them and then she will become Henry's wife and partner in ruling the underworld. While she sleeps she gets to dream of spending time with her mother. This is where the story really starts.

I don't want to give away any more away than I already have. I have to say that I LOVED this book. The cover is gorgeous. I fell in love with the story and the characters. I liked how as I was reading it I never knew what the tests or the results were until the end of the book. Despite thinking Henry and the entire thing was crazy at first Kate finally comes around and decides that this is for real. It was a real thought out story, I loved all the characters. They each have their own unique personality and place. The way that the story played out for Kate and Henry's relationship was so sweet. All the other things that happened through out I loved reading too. The almost murder that happened, I was so shocked when I found out who the murder of the past girls was. When they meet the council in the end, I was again shocked to find out who the council members really were. When the last one came through the door my mouth literally fell open. The ending was so good but kinda sad that Kate is gone for the summer, but I like the friend that she is spending it with. Then there is fall and winter to come again.

I cannot wait to read the next one in this series. I'm hoping for some more romance in the next one. This is an author to watch out for. This was an amazing story and I have to say once again that I LOVED it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Test.

03/18/2011 page 31