Shawn's Reviews > The Book of Joe

The Book of Joe by Jonathan Tropper

Aug 31, 11

bookshelves: my-favorites, own, mom-picks, 2009-reads
Read in January, 2009

Joe never really thought about returning back to his home town of Bush Falls. He thought about it even less once his novel about the small town became a best seller and shortly thereafter fond its way to Hollywood. But when his father becomes ill and he's forced to return he finds that his need to stay away matched the town's desire for him to stay gone. As it turns out, the "fictional" book, hadn't been received well by those portrayed in its pages and Joe must answer to his decision to air out the town's dirty laundry for all the world to see.

This book was suggested to me by my mom. She's always suggesting books that, at first, I'm not sure that I'll actually enjoy. So far, she has yet to lead me astray.

The Book of Joe wasn't just about facing the outcome of unveiling the truth, nor was it about what drama is bound to arise when returning to your home town after essentially betraying the people that live there. This story was about so much more.

The characters were colorful, likable, and intriguing. Their stories were sad as well as sweet and in the end I found that my heart had enough room to fit all of them.

This book for me was enjoyable, well written, and everything was tied together effortlessly, highly underrated if you ask me!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Joe.