Shawn's Reviews > Fire

U_50x66
May 08, 12

bookshelves: own, favorite-authors, series, 2010-reads
Read in January, 2010 — I own a copy

Fire is a monster in the land of the Dells. Not your typical monster, mind you. She is more beautiful than any human and more lethal and dangerous than any weapon. Monsters have powers over the mind and body, the ability to manipulate others to their will but Fire is different. She cares too much for others to hurt them as her monster father did. The last thing she wants is to use the people she cares for like puppets.

Briggan doesn't trust Fire from the moment he meets her. She's a monster and nothing more. Her beauty is blinding, her father's legacy well-known, she is trouble and a dangerous distraction. She's an animal and a monster in every sense of the word and is not to be trusted. But when the two team up for a common cause, Fire and Briggan can't help but get to know one another, not for the stubborn creatures they assume one another to be, but for the strong and brave warriors that they discover one another to truly be.

Having read Graceling prior to reading Fire I was ready and willing to be introduced to even more mysterious and thought-provoking creatures. Fire however met and exceeded all of my expectations. The romance that conspires and the fondness that Kristin Cashore provokes for all of the characters is simply amazing. I enjoyed every moment of reading it.

Side note: Briggan....*swoons*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Kira love that side note. spot on.

Zainab Sheriff It's different as a book but I found it strangely balanced; there was never too much intimacy or lovey-dovey ness but more like how you'd probably slowly fall in live rather than the classic lust at first sight rather than love

Carly Are you going to go on to read Bitterblue?

Shawn Carly wrote: "Are you going to go on to read Bitterblue?"

I cannot wait to get Bitterble. Sadly I have sooo many books I still have yet to read. :( I've banned myself from buying them for a bit. BUT, when I get the next batch that'll be in it. :)