Shawn's Reviews > The Rescue

U_50x66
Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: my-favorites, nicholas-sparks, own, favorite-authors, 2011-reads
Read in March, 2011

When Denise is caught in the onslaught of the worst storm to hit her small souther town in years the last thing she expects to find is love. All she cares about is finding her son. Taylor McAden comes to her rescue and being a man prone to saving others in order to avoid confronting his broken past they soon form a relationship. But when she comes to want more he must decided if he can finally face his demons once and for all.

I LOVED this book. It was well written, suspenseful, romantic, and funny. I found the characters extremely relatable and I formed a strong bond with each of them as I read this book. For me, though I've read many of Nicholas Sparks' books and intend to read more I find some more enjoyable than others. At times I feel that the subjects can be a bit dry or repetitive compared to his other books but this one by far reached the top of my list. It's right up there with The Luck One which is my all time favorite Nicolas Spark book.

In my opinion when a book can move you to tears then the author did something right. When a book makes you feel the character's pain and fears then it was well written. For me The Rescue had both of these qualities and so many more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rescue.