VampireNovelFan's Reviews > Some Girls Bite

Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill

This writer's choice of style and atmosphere is right up my alley. I'm a big fan of the Rachel Morgan series, mainly because it's a bit more of an upbeat urban fantasy series, not overly dark. The central character is overall likable and relatable; she's able to kick ass but she has her imperfections too. This series is similar. I found it pretty funny actually how the roles are switched and, this time, it is the vampire that is the central character while the best friend is the witch. That's obviously the opposite with Rachel Morgan. But getting back to this series. It's paranormal romance, but not the overly sappy type. I have a hard time connecting to those. I think this could also easily be considered Urban Fantasy. I instantly took to both Morgan AND Ethan's characters in this book. Usually I side with one. There are funny moments and good one liners. Either way, I cannot wait to read book 2 and 3! This has the potential to easily become one of my favorites. It's definitely one of the favorites from the new crop of books I've started reading. To its credit, I can say that with the Rachel Morgan books, while it is my favorite now, I originally put it down and I had to force myself to finish the first book. Not the case with this one. If I didn't need sleep I'd have read it the whole way through. Definitely recommending this one!

*****Minor Spoiler*****The subject of the Bears vs. Packers came up, and a character said "Green Bay's a better team, especially this year" I laughed out loud because, if you look at the date of this review, just this past weekend the Bears faced the Packers with the winners going to to Super Bowl...and the Packers won. This author has a pretty good premonition.*****Minor Spoiler******

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Some Girls Bite.