VampireNovelFan's Reviews > For a Few Demons More

For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison

Nov 29, 13

bookshelves: vampires, urban-fantasy, witches, paranormal-romance, shifters, fantasy, fae, elves, demons, comedy
Read from November 26 to 29, 2013

Not too far removed from Book 4, in For a Few Demons more we see that Rachel still has "the focus," a 5,000 year old demon-crafted werewolf artifact that was the focus of book 4. Considering its power, it's a hot commodity and everybody who is anybody wants to get their hands on it, from the evil Vampire Piscary to business tycoon and underground druglord, Trent Kalamack, to the Weres themselves. Rachel's got her hands full, and it doesn't help that her werewolf friend, David, is suspected of being a serial by the FIB. How will Rachel get out of this one? Trent's long awaited wedding finally happens, but does it go down without a hitch?

You'll have to read for yourself to find out. I know that a Fistful of Charms was a favorite for many, but as a self-professed fan of Kisten and Trent, this book was much more interesting for me since they get more focus. The previous book had one of the funniest moments ever in this series. Well, this book gives us another one. Let's just say that Rachel makes for a horrible bride's maid. That scene had me laughing out loud.

I really like how this series has villains, but Harrison gives them qualities that keep them from being so one-dimensional. You want to get into their world and their perspective. And sometimes, Rachel's interactions with them can be either terrifying or downright hysterical, all in the course of one book.

The scenes with Kisten were hott. I really like that this series adds a dash of romance, but it doesn't overtake the book. I've ran into a few favorites that start out being more about plot and then practically become erotica.

A for how this book ends. I spoiled myself and opened up the last page, so I was prepared for the shock. If there's one thing you can say about Harrison; you gotta admit the woman's got balls!

This is so far my favorite Urban Fantasy series so I highly recommend reading this book. Not every installment is as good as the the other, but this one is one of her best.

*Review also posted to Amazon

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read For a Few Demons More.

Quotes VampireNovelFan Liked

Kim Harrison
“Sure am glad I'm not royalty," I muttered. "I wouldn't want to have to bump uglies with someone I can't stand. On a regular basis. And no one else."

"Ow!" I exclaimed, trying to yank my fingers from Trent but finding them caught. Then I colored, realizing what I'd said. "Oh… sorry," I stammered, meaning it. "That was insensitive."

Trent's frown turned into a sly smirk. "Bump uglies?" he said, eyes on the table behind me. "You are a font of gutter slang, Rachel. We must do this again.”
Kim Harrison, For a Few Demons More

Kim Harrison
“I’m your worst nightmare come to walk this side of the lines. I’m an elf, Trent something you’re forgotten how to be. You’re scared of black magic. I can see fear shimmering under your aura like sweat. I live and breathe black magic. I’m so tainted with it that I will use it without thought, without guilt and without hesitation.”
Kim Harrison, For a Few Demons More

11/26/2013 marked as: currently-reading
11/26/2013
6.0% "Newt was pretty darn scary. For some reason I thought this scene happened in Book 6 but I'm probably thinking of her other encounter with Minias. For a demon he seemed pretty level headed. I actually wouldn't have minded some Rachel/Minias action."
11/27/2013
13.0% "Glenn wasn't interested, though I'm sure if he "tried a witch, he'd never switch.""
11/27/2013
34.0% "Man Rachel really didn't know how to dress, lol. About to look like a hooker at a wedding rehearsal, lol" 1 comment
11/28/2013
49.0% "Oh the caps, lol. I forgot how hott the boat scene was...Though there is less Kisten in this book as a whole than I remember. Just a lot of Ivy drama, more than I remembered and it gets very muddled into the Kisten stuff." 2 comments
11/28/2013
59.0% "My 2nd favorite part! Wedding rehearsal! "Sure glad I'm not royalty. I wouldn't want to bump uglies with someone I can't stand. On a regular basis. And no one else."" 1 comment
11/28/2013
75.0% "Aaaaand this is where the books becomes ridiculously depressing. Bad memories...I think I plan to skim from this point on except for my favorite part, the wedding part. One of the best moments of the whole series."
11/29/2013
89.0% "You know, the wedding part wasn't quite as fun considering what I knew happened when she woke up. I mean, it was still great but this was hard. And now for the excruciating "is he, isn't he part..." Honestly this is more upsetting during the reread than it was the first time around and while I liked Kisten (though Ivy's presence in their relationship irks me), I was still team trent, but seeing Rachel so hurt sucked."
11/29/2013 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

missEvi [can't commit to a book] plz tell me that she is less stupid in this one! and plz tell me that something happens with Trent!

VampireNovelFan This was a GREAT book when it came to Trent and Rachel. It was my favorite for a loooong time before Pale Demon (Book 9) came out. You're in for a treat.

missEvi [can't commit to a book] I like the series but in the previous one her stupidity was over the top.. I m glad that this one is better

VampireNovelFan Sorry, I meant to say my second fave. EWWBD was my #1 for a long time before Pale Demon. This is still #3 though.