Alysha DeShaé's Reviews > Powers That Be

Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: science-fiction, fantasy
Recommended for: everyone
Read from January 04 to 06, 2011, read count: 4

My full review is here on my personal website. I'll post my conclusion here, though:

4.5 out of 5.0 stars

So, why did I knock off half a point? I think the relationship between Sean and Yana is a little rushed. I guess with everything else that goes on in the story that both characters are involved in that it just feels like they don’t have time to try to be a couple.

However, this book is incredible! If I had a physical edition of this book it would go on my special bookshelf. One day, I will own physical copies of every book by Anne McCaffrey, but until that happens I’m happy with my ebooks that take up no extra space at all. (Let’s here a “whoo-hooooo” for the technology that allows us to have thousands of books on a memory card that size of my thumbnail!!)

The very worst thing about this book is the rushed feeling I get about the relationship between Sean and Yana.

The very best thing about this book is the unique character of Petaybee, a sentient planet. Petaybee is very much an active character throughout the trilogy, by the way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Powers That Be.