Melinda's Reviews > Living Nightmare

Living Nightmare by Shannon K. Butcher

Mar 09, 11

bookshelves: trashy-romance
Read from February 04 to 25, 2011

Have I mentioned that I really like Butcher's work? I truly do but this last book...there was too much going on. Too many story lines and characters to keep up with. The sad thing for me is that this was the story I was looking forward to. Madoc and Nika seemed destined not to happen and I wanted to know if they would.

This book must be setting the foundation for other plot lines. I am a huge fan of scifi/fantasy genre (even though this is considered paranormal romance, but that's another soapbox for another day) but I think that Butcher has some tension (I'm not sure that the right word) between the romance story line and the Sentinels protecting the world storyline. For the most part, the romance has been at the forefront but now I think that the actual war that the Sentinels are fighting has become the focus of the novels.

In the end the conflict of focus makes both story lines come off weak. I think this was my last novel of this series but I am excited to read some of her other series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Living Nightmare.

02/15/2011 page 136
37.0% "I have had a special place in my heart for Butcher until this book. There are too many plot lines going and it's distracting from the story that I want to be central to the plot which is Nika and Madoc drama. But the story is beginning to feel fractured."