Debbie 's Reviews > Mockingjay

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Feb 22, 11

bookshelves: young-adult
Read in February, 2011

War, not just fighting for her own life or the life of Peeta and her family, she had actually started a war with the Capital and now Katniss Everdeen was the face of everything that everyone was fighting for. All she wanted to do was keep her family, her friends and herself safe and together but with Peeta in President Snow’s clutches and her being turned into a mascot for the rebels all she could do was rebel herself. Finally making a choice of her own, she becomes the Mockingjay that could and would lead the rebellion, if only to be the one that actually kills President Snow herself. Bringing Peeta back and working with Gale, all was made more confusing by the constant feeling of guilt over those that have died to help her get where she is now.

Book 3 ….. The final installment of the Hunger Games trilogy. The war went about as I expected it to got. I still feel like I missed something in Katniss’s character, but really liked Prim, Peeta and Gale. She is what I would consider an accidental heroine. The one or two gestures she does do are great and they show a wealth of compassion and self sacrifice, but her personality flops and her many moments of selfishness even her vulnerability, indecision and constant hesitation did not help her (in my opinion). Even in the end, she never really made a decision, well except for the assassination of the President.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mockingjay.