Kristy's Reviews > India Black

2079018
Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read on January 29, 2011 — I own a copy

Well I liked the book, sort of, but it wasn't what I expected. India was funny. She was very outspoken and definitely had a different sort of outlook on life. But a major part of the story was missing! Part of the description on the back of the book was this.

"But it is their own tempestuous relationship they will have to weather as India and French attempt to reset the mutual attraction between them-an attraction that can prove as deadly as the conspiracy entangling them..."

This is talking about the main character and the British spy who blackmails her into helping him. I kept waiting for the attraction between the two of them. There was ONE part where they had a somewhat meaningful conversation, but other than that. Nothing. I was extremely disappointed. I liked them together, but throughout this book they were never more than acquaintances. Ugh it makes me mad that a description on the back of the book could be so false... the description that made me buy the stupid book.

Other than that, it was a good story, although I grew very tired of them capturing other spies and not patting them down to make sure they didn't have any weapons. How stupid.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read India Black.