Brett's Reviews > The Auburn Avenue Theology Pros & Cons Debating the Federal Vision

The Auburn Avenue Theology Pros & Cons Debating the Federal V... by E. Calvin Beisner

Mar 03, 11

bookshelves: religion, theology
Read from January 29 to March 02, 2011

During the many painful hours (it only took me 6-7 years to finish this 300 pg. book) that it took me to finish this brutal book, I thought of many ways to describe it. My first thought was that of drinking motor oil. The second thought was if a person were looking from a long distance, they might think these men are sitting at the same table trying to have a productive conversation. When really, they are rarely sitting at the same table and many times aren't even in the same room. Many of the entries remind me of when a person (myself included) has a response to someone's opinion before the other person has even given it. "Did you just say the words baptism and regeneration in the same paragraph?! I knew it!" The last and probably best illustration is that of Abbott and Costello's "Who's on First?" routine. Just insert "covenant" for "who", "baptism" for "what" and "regeneration" for "why" and you have the basic idea of this book except it is much longer and not nearly as enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Auburn Avenue Theology Pros & Cons Debating the Federal Vision.

01/29/2011 page 206
60.0% "Like drinking motor oil..."