Stacey's Reviews > Crazy Sexy Diet: Eat Your Veggies, Ignite Your Spark, and Live Like You Mean It!

Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr

Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: health, abandoned

I bought the Kindle version of this book and have returned it. It is not formatted for Kindle, which meant that important pieces of the content - most notably the 21-Day Cleanse - could not be read on the Kindle. Those pages were very small and very light, and could not be manipulated (the font size could not be changed, the zoom was disabled). There are complaints about this in the Amazon reviews, so I hope the publisher will take notice and address the issue.

Apart from the legibility issues, I was disappointed in the book. Carr's writing style put me off, and the overuse of the words "crazy" and especially "sexy" was nearly mind-numbing. But mostly I just didn't find anything new here - it was a mishmash of several other books I have read, but without the scientific acumen and written in a tone that didn't really inspire me the way I think it was meant to.

I realize that Carr has a compelling personal story, and I applaud her efforts to educate others about the benefits of vegan eating with high raw content. I did enjoy the chapter on meditation, and I also thought some of the recipes looked good, but otherwise it was a disappointment. Overall, though, the book just didn't work for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crazy Sexy Diet.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sara Hi Stacy,
I was perusing and just saw your comment. I am the community manager for Globe Pequot Press (the publisher of the crazy sexy books) and this issue has been remedied. There is a kindle version now available if you wanted to download it again. We appreciate your feedback on this as we are always striving to ensure the best consumer experience for all our books.
Thanks!