Holly's Reviews > The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death

1994638
Jan 29, 11

bookshelves: other-fiction
Read in January, 2011

On the one hand, the author really conveys the despair that Web has fallen into. Something terrible has happened and it effected him deeply. He is free falling into hell. His last friend standing is watching him fall and can't do anything to stop him and is tired of watching him self destruct. He doesn't know how much longer he can be there. The author really does a good job showing the "grit" of this. But the overuse of the "F" bomb got to me. I think, and I am not making this up, that "the bomb" gets used about 5x per page. This is just "the bomb". I am not counting the "bonus" words you get in addition to "the bomb". I think there is ONE page that doesn't use foul language. So there it is. Story line is this_ Web is free falling into a black hole so to speak, his bff/roommate is a tattoo artist and when the bio waste disposal van makes its weekly stop to pick up the bio-trash, Web is offered a job to help clean up an apartment where a lone hoarder died and wasn't found 'till he melted through the floor into the downstairs apartment. It goes on from there to include smugglers, movie producers and a pot smoking/organic pie baking mom. And yet I liked it. What does that say about me?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mystic Arts of Erasing All Signs of Death.