Daisy Chain Books's Reviews > Bloodlines

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Sep 03, 11

Read from August 29 to September 03, 2011

3.5/5

I love the VA world, but I question Sydney as the main protagonist in this series. Maybe she'll grow on me, but honestly I find her a little dull. Same with Jill, although I never liked Lissa either, so that's not a big deal. Adrian is the star of the show here. He gets ten stars from me. The boy is DIVINE!!

Loved the ending of the book, and I'm expecting the next book to be a step up from this one. I'm not too bothered that I didn't LOVE Bloodlines as I didn't love the first VA book either, but the books got better and better as the series went on.

However, I can't envisage any future romance in this book being as addictive as the Dimitri/Rose/Adrian triangle - but we'll see!

Full review next week on my blog!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodlines.

08/31/2011 page 161
38.0% "*sigh* Adrian is gorgeous! No sign of D yet!"
09/01/2011 page 214
51.0% "The plot is starting to gather in pace! I was expecting more R&D but not much yet. Still, Adrian is YUM!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer LOVE ADRIAN!

Daisy Chain Books Me too! Yum! :)

Christina (Confessions of a Book Addict) I am reading this one now and am not really loving it. :( You are right- Sydney is dull. She's no Rose, that's for sure!

Jennifer Yes Adrian is divine and Sydney is dull. Hopefully she will grow throughout the series.

Daisy Chain Books I kinda feel sorry for Syndey. Pretty much anyone was going to be dull after Rose! I'm hoping the action and the romance will pick up in the next book - especially the romance!